St. Louis Restaurant Review issues a restaurant review for Charlie Gitto’s at Hollywood Casino and gives a 5 Star rating.
This review was triggered by our dinner there Thursday, March 30, 2023. I have not eaten at Charlie Gitto’s locations in several months.
We are not typical casino visitors, so this was our first experience with this location. However, we prefer and love the place on The Hill.
We could not have been more pleased with the food and service. Additionally, we certainly did not witness any evidence of the negative comments that yelpers have made referring to the poor ventilation system. We have no idea how, where, or even if those customers had that experience. We doubt it!
Shockingly, an establishment with the quality of cuisine, service, and historical significance could have a 3.5 Star rating on Yelp.
Therefore, we did our research, wrote this review, and found these two exaggerated reviews that are damaging and unconfirmed by our experiences.
- Kye R. from St. Ann, MO – 2-star stating – Food was good, service was good only problem is my kids are not chain smokers. I’m not exaggerating; yes, it is right next to a casino, and people s oke at a casino; I get it. Need to update their filtration system so non-smokers can also enjoy their food.
- Gwen M. from Chesterfield – 2-star Rating – Thought we would try the Hollywood casino location-Food, and the Service was good. The air quality was horrible; the ventilation system needs an upgrade. We are non-smokers.
However, even with this ridiculous Yelpers giving one or two stars for such an unconfirmed situation, this establishment has significant credibility on the other major review platforms and still averages a 4.225 Star rating.
However, the odd thing is that Yelp for the location on The Hill has a 4.5-star rating with over 800 reviews. Therefore, it might be that the Hollywood Casino location is hit by customers that are given free food for reward points that they used, but the fact is that they are probably more upset about the money they lost to get the free food. The menu is the same in both locations, and they have the same quality of service and atmosphere.
Charlie Gitto’s has not been contacted for comment, and this review is unbiased and not sponsored. We act on our own behalf and render our opinion based on our experience and research.
Additionally, the health inspection scores range from 94% to 96%.
Charlie Gitto’s at Hollywood Casino online reviews as of March 30, 2023, are as follows:
- Google – 4.3 Stars with more than 300 online reviews
- OpenTable – 4.6 Stars with more than 2400 online reviews
- Yelp – 3.5 Stars with 104 online reviews
- TripAdvisor – 4.5 Stars with more than 150 online reviews
- Average Rating – 4.225 across four platforms.
- 5 Stars with St. Louis Restaurant Review – our Rating is not part of the average
Charlie Gitto’s at Hollywood Casino address & phone:
777 Casino Center Drive
Maryland Heights, Missouri 63043
Make your reservations on OpenTable.
Service options: Dine-in – Takeout – Delivery
Located in: Hollywood Casino & Hotel St. Louis