Proven methods to increase restaurant sales for every type of restaurant
ST LOUIS, MO (StLouisRestaurantReview) Many restaurant owners face difficult times created by the pandemic, supply chain interruptions, and staff shortages. Naturally, increasing sales is a great strategy to avoid financial ruin. However, we strongly encourage you to know your financial information to price your menu items correctly.
After ensuring that your menu items are correctly priced, we recommend the following proven methods to increase restaurant sales:
- Strong web presence – have a massive web presence on Google, Bing, social media, and all review sites like Yelp, TripAdvisor, and more.
- Offer online order and delivery – some options exist for restaurants to offer online ordering and delivery without increasing expenses. Delivery by third-party delivery companies starts at $6.99 paid for by the customers requiring delivery. CLICK to learn more.
- Offer vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options – these menu items are increasing in popularity for various reasons. Most restaurants have the items to properly list themselves as vegetarian-friendly, with vegan and gluten-free options. Market these items using these titles to make it easy for consumers to identify them. CLICK to learn more.
- Offer tasty foods – this is easier than ever before with billions of recipes online. The need for expensive chefs is disappearing as more restaurants adapt recipes and train cooks to prepare award-winning cuisines using proven recipes.
- Excellent service – diners are demanding, which they deserve to be. They are spending their time and hard-earned money to visit a restaurant for the experience, spend time with loved ones or friends, or save time cooking at home. Restaurant owners fail to recognize what events are taking place inside their establishment daily. People are interviewing for jobs, interviewing sole mates, discussing business relationships, discussing divorce, and so much more. Staffing is a problem now, but a well-trained server that understands expectations can an attractive wage with high tips. Most consumers are generous if they appreciate the experience. Servers need to be monitored to ensure they serve the customers to meet expectations. If a server is not correctly representing the establishment, pull them off the floor, increase training and warn them of their deficiencies. If the problem continues, you have no other option than to reposition them or replacing them. Quality service is just as important as food quality. Maybe more for some diners.
These are some of the most effective strategies to help increase sales. Our opinion is that these are critical to survive and make money in the restaurant industry. Unfortunately, if you, the owners, do not deal with poor food and service issues, consumers will resort to Google, Yelp, TripAdvisor, and more review sites to express their dissatisfaction. Not a good option!